Anniston Quality Healthcare & Dental Center
In 2005, Quality of Life added the Anniston Quality Healthcare and Dental Center, a 7,000 sq ft, two story facility in Anniston.
Anniston Quality Healthcare and Dental provides a scope of care which includes family medical; laboratory; enabling services; dental and diagnostics.
The military also
plays an important role in the growth of Anniston. In 1917, the
federal government purchased 18,952 acres adjoining Anniston for the
development of Camp McClellan. Renamed Fort McClellan in 1929, the
US Army used the area heavily for training until, with the
downsizing of the military, the impending closing happened in 1999.
The Anniston Ordinance Depot, operating as part of the war effort in
1942, was Anniston’s largest employer in the 1980’s with up to 4,800
civilian employees. The military shares the same philosophy as the
founding fathers of Anniston-to retain the beauty of the area, but
still be progressive and forward thinking in their growth,
development and missions.