Getting Started with New Beginnings is as easy as ABC:
A. Apply for pregnancy Medicaid in person or on-line.
To receive pregnancy Medicaid, you will need to provide written proof of pregnancy (with a due date from a doctor, the health department, or a pregnancy testing center) to a Medicaid worker in the county in which you live.
Call 1-800-362-1504 to find the worker closest to you.
You can find out more information about the Medicaid Application Process here.
B. Bring a copy of your pregnancy Medicaid Award Letter or your Medicaid Card and written proof of pregnancy to your Care Coordination appointment.
You can schedule an appointment by calling the number on the bottom of your Medicaid verification letter.
- Calhoun/Cleburne County: 256-237-1797 or 256-237-2134
- Cherokee/DeKalb County: 256-844-6603 or 256-844-6746
- Coosa/Clay County: 256-401-4568
- Etowah/Cherokee County: 256-547-6888
- Randolph/Tallapoosa County: 256-496-2689
- Talladega County: 256-761-4204
- Bring the following documents to your appointment as well:
- Birth Certificate
- Photo ID
- Proof of Income
- At you first appointment, you will pick a doctor from our list and your Care Coordinator will schedule a pre-natal appointment for you.
C. Continue with your Prenatal Care according to your Doctor’s Instructions.
- Your Care Coordinator will follow-up with you either over the phone or face-to-face.
- Your Care Coordinator will also stop by the hospital after your delivery in the hospital for a post-partum visit.